Food Application Technician
Tereos turns raw agricultural materials into sugar, alcohol and starch. Through continuous improvement of its processes, innovation, and the adaptation of its industrial facilities, Tereos is always on the lookout for new outlets, so that it can harness the full potential of agricultural raw materials and meet changing demands. And so, alongside its key products — sugar and sweeteners, starch, alcohol, and ethanol — the Group offers a wide range of co-products and is developing new applications for adding value to residues from agricultural production.
You will be contributing to food applied research projects enabling to develop new food applications for existing products, developing new food products and contributing to a high level of support to food & beverage customers. The responsibilities cover running laboratory and pilot experiments, trials and conducting analytical work (physical, chemical, sensory). You will also participate to develop new protocols and analytical methods.
Your main activities will be:
- Running food pilot and laboratory experiments in line with protocols and best practices;
- Delivering analytical results: physical, chemical, sensory techniques applied to food;
- Compiling results of trials and analysis and drawing conclusions and recommendations;
- Responsibility for lab and pilot housekeeping: calibration and first level maintenance of equipment including contacts to suppliers, safety and hygiene in the facilities;
- Ensuring lab consumables availability by stocks management, selecting suppliers and re-ordering.
- You’ve had an education in a scientific field related to food application: Food Science or Food Analytics;
- You are a motivated and flexible teamplayer;
- You have a strong sense of responsibility and the ability to work independently;
- You can speak & write fluently in English and have an intermediate level of French. The working language is English.
- An intensive training and the opportunity to grow;
- A competitive salary package;
- A challenging job in a highly innovative & international organization.
Contact us at email@example.com